Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Memorial WebsiteMemorial Website  Web ArchivesWeb Archives  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Introduction & Shout Out

Go down 
AuthorMessage
JAY
Admin
JAY

Introduction & Shout Out Empty
PostSubject: Introduction & Shout Out   Introduction & Shout Out EmptySun Aug 23, 2020 11:55 pm

INTRODUCTION AND PURPOSE

Why am I wasting so much time and effort on such a thing? So much work and things to go through, not to mention work to re-construct/re-code. Simple... You run a Fed for 12 years and have 0 proof of it's existence, other than you and your loyal members' memories... yea, I thought so.

Now with that being said, before I get you to the Fed History and Special Shout Out at the end of this, I am giving you a quick rundown of what to expect with obviously the biggest project of this entire memorial (The Archives). First of all, everything I'm about to breakdown... is regarding normal shows. Chaos, Xplosion, ect. PPV's will be here. One way or another, I'm ensuring ALL EWE PPV's and Both HSW PPV's (yes, I said BOTH) will be in the Archives through one of the 3 methods below.

1: Original Results Recovered via the WayBack Machine/Saved on my Old (Working) Hard Drive

2: Reconstructed with an accessible Staff Board

3: The few that original was unrecovered and no prep on staff board(or no board access at all in a couple cases) They will at the very least be summarized. Or completely re-written in the case of HSW Winter Survival (other than the couple matches that are still in my Christy Chaos PMs there Wink )

Moral is, not a single PPV is going to be missed in the Archives, one way or another. I'm tackling the Archives in Chronological order, though, so that last bit there, obviously will be last. I also want to go ahead and give the fair warning about the 2004 Results. I have done some homework of course, seeing what WBM can find, what I still had, what can be reconstructed... that's why I know ALL PPV's will be there, I'm well aware what it is I will have to do in pretty much every year... but that being said, I been reading some of the original PPV's as I did that... or at least skimming them. I gotta admit, 2004 is bad lmao. Zeus Pro was a thing. Least by 2005 we stopped being lazy with Zeus lol. I'm going to have the original results for everything I can have the original results though. I'm not tweaking any original shows/PPVs I find (other than remastered graphics that no longer exist of course). Cause the way I see it... you can't truly appreciate the better quality shows as time goes on... without seeing the evolution. Same goes for Graphics tbh. If they are gone (PPV that is, I'm not doing new match banners for every single weekly show lmfao, but PPVs are special enough I'm willing to do that). None the less, if they are gone, they will be remastered... but everything I still have via the old working hard drive, will be kept... even some I looked at and was like "yea, that sucks tbh". Kept... cause again.... Evolution. That being said, here we go with the breakdown finally.

2004-Early 2005(WrestleMania 2 specifically): Original site was Geocities, gone... original boards, were boards2go... gone. So basically this entire era is relying on WBM. Not a lot tbh... a couple shows here or there... but for the most part, just the PPVs.

2005-2008: Following WM 2, we found our way to our first Proboards... and probably never should have left it. It's original board is still kicking, still chilling telling me "Why the f*ck did you abandon me for the now dead Invision? Idiot." None the less, all Web Shows and PPVs were again on the geocities site. So at the mercy of WBM there... however, like I said, I've done my homework... there's quite a few Board Results there in terms of Chaos, Xplosion, and even a couple ShowDowns. Going to be a pain to re-code, of course, but they're there. Still won't be near everything, for certain... but still, will have ALOT more of this era than I thought I would.

2009-2012: The Invision Forum this era took place on... is gone, gone forever.... HOWEVER, this is ALSO the sweet spot. My old (WORKING) Hard Drive, ranges from 2009-Early 2015(WM 11). What that means, it's ALL saved there. For the most part... board results, I posted, are saved... Board results Dustin, Mike, or Luke posted for me... probably not... however, maybe... cause I know for a fact Dustin posted Extreme OverLoad 2011, cause I had a net situation at that time, which the rest of the Staff team knew about heading into that PPV and why they pulled together. The shocker that I done checked, is that I did save his results to my hard drive... so I guess we won't know until I get into it fully. However the thing to know is, it's safe to say a good 90-95% of this era, will be in the Archives.

2013-2016: Like I said with the sweet spot... 2013, 2014, and early 2015 will be golden. Everything after WM 11, not saved, because it was saved to my dead drive. However, unlike the era above, this forum does still exist... Thus Staff Board, thus Option 2 (Reconstruction) which I done perused, most... not all... but most will be able to do that. Couple exceptions being Summer BreakDown 2015 and Rumble 2016... those original results got resaved. Same reason a couple banners from those shows did... Awards back when I originally began the Memorial. I was confused why I randomly had those two, I knew the 3 banners I randomly had was because of Awards, but the 2 random PPVs and nothing else confused me... until I realized, they was awards too... Saved to pluck out a specific match from each show... aka the Matches of the Year for 2015 & 2016. That's good anyway, but none the less... a lot will be reconstructed. Including Chaos 200. Yea looking at that on the Staff Board, not sure why it only got "Temp" Results, when looking at the staff board, it's only missing like a couple segments, all matches were done, and a ton of other segments... major smh there, but none the less, the FULL Show, will finally be unveiled, with the Archives. In short, won't be everything from this time frame, but a nice decent chunk for certain.

2017 (HSW): The entirity of HSW was saved to my new (dead) drive. Unlike the end of EWE, the Staff board is pretty bare... because it was just me and Dustin. Staff board had no use, because I did a bulk of the match writing myself and just saved them straight to wordpad on my drive. Dustin sent me any matches he wrote directly... same for anybody else who turned in matches or segments, they was PMed or use the E-Mail Form. Which done checked HSW E-Mail, that's blank, fun part about gmail, too old, and it will delete lol. So yea, pretty much anything in the HSW section of the Archives, will be strictly because of the WBM. Well I do have access to pretty much all HSW Match Banners, via Twitter... but I'm only going to save the ones for shows WBM recovered, obviously. Done checked that, Summer BreakDown... 2 (maybe 3) Slam's... and at least one Front Line (maybe both), were recovered. Not much, but better than nothing... plus there's what I said about Winter Survival... That is when my drive issue happened. That was pretty much the final straw for me for a snowball effect of BS I went through. Admittedly the Sole Survivor Match wasn't done, but a LARGE portion of it was, it wasn't far from being done. Then my drive crashed and I lost everything. So yea, that was final straw (ontop of everything else) that made me finally say "f*ck it, I'm done". None the less, 3 years later... I'm dedicated to this Memorial, I'm dedicated to letting every PPV Shine that I can... so much like Chaos 200(well full version in that case), Winter Survival will be unveiled for the first time... in these Archives.

FED HISTORY AND OOC NOTES

Extreme Wrestling Entertainment opened it's doors for the first time on January 27th, 2004. The founder was one, Stephanie McMahon. It didn't take long before her father bought it from her though. The 2004-2008 timeframe has been dubbed the "McMahon Era". Other than Austin for a short time, Johnny and Eric Bischoff even shorter times... the main trio of McMahons had the company in that era. Vince far more often than his kids. The longest hiatus in EWE History took place from October 2008-September 2009. This was perhaps a good thing to be honest. Lots of big changes came upon it's return. Perhaps it was that massive time off that let things plot out and set the upcoming changes in motion. For one, a buddy of mine got me hooked on 2 shows while I was without net and a Fed for that long period of time. One of which is on it's final season, but that show isn't the important one here. The other one is, look at the top banner, dead center... obviously that other one was Smallville. Despite being out of the game, my e-fedding brain was still on full scale, as th every first time I seen Lex, my immediate reaction "He'd make a great picbase for a staff character". As such, when EWE came back in September of 2009... "Michael Jensen" was created and in character purchased the defunct company to bring it from the ashes.

The "Jensen Era" was born and despite being a kayfabe IC co-owner with LAW for a short time, Jensen remained the owner the remainder of EWE History, unlike the musical chairs being played in the "McMahon Era". Like I said though, big changes, more than just a custom more stable owner. Despite being a Mixed Fed (Real and CAW) making such things okay, it still needed to be done... just as what happened first and foremost in the Jensen Era had to be done... which was replacing all of the Rip Off Pay Per Views. All but one, that is... which will be explained personally for why it was never replaced in it's section of the Archives. That Being said I hope you enjoy what is being done here. Before I end this, though and let you browse around through the site, I have one more thing to do.

EWE Ran for 12 years... Yes because of my stubborness and dedication... but not just because of that. A Fed doesn't go that long, have that kind of history... without quality and dedicated RolePlayers taking part in the shows and historic matches. It doesn't go that distance, without some help on the staff front to judge and write quality matches in return to those roleplays. So with that being said I have to take the time to thank YOU for making EWE our home for so long. No matter how long... no matter how short your stay. No matter how big... or how minor of a role you played. Everybody created EWE History we can hold fond, at some point in those twelve years... and I thank you all. A couple of you on this list may not have exactly been my best friend's OOC at times, but you still did your part for EWE History, and I still thank you.

Special Thanks To: Aaron (Knoxx), Abdul Haseeb, Ailly, Anita, Anton, Ash (1st Edge 04-07), Ben Ferguson, BJ Tomczik, Brad "Alex Stone" Hughes, Brent (BZ), Cabbage, Chase, Chris "Hayden" Fobbe, Chris Steel, Christopher Burgess, Ciaran, Daniel (Dan Taylor), D. Spriggs, DK, Don Hinson, Dustin "Ashlocke" Hoffman, Dustin Markowitz, Eli McCaig, Emerson, Gaz, Heidi, James Mosser, Ja$e, Javi, JC Kane, Jennifer "Scar" Neill, Jenny, Joe (Scott Rock/Michael Burke), John "Steel" Carrol, Jon North, Jon (Pred), Jordan (Danny Danger), Judders, Kayla, Khaos, Luke Thornhill, Manny Devargas, Mark Viviano, Mary, Matt (Jason Scott), Michael (Adrian Quinn), Michael May, Phi, Rick Cage, RO, Ryan (Doom), Ryan (KJ), Scotty (Blaze), Sean (Y2J 09-10), Shadic, Shane "Spider" Smith, Shaz (Lance Mikes), Spencer, Steve (Assassin), Steve 2(Alex Shelley), T (Toxic), Toni (Dorian Xero), Vinnie, Zane (Snake) and anybody else I am surely forgetting(especially during the massive 2006-2008 Roster Split), which is no disrespect, I may be the "EWE Encyclopedia", but I'm still human.

Back to top Go down
http://ewe-memorial.epizy.com/

Introduction & Shout Out
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Section :: General Messages-
Jump to: