Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Memorial WebsiteMemorial Website  Web ArchivesWeb Archives  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EWE LIVE #2: December 31st, 2008

Go down 
AuthorMessage
JAY
Admin
JAY

EWE LIVE #2: December 31st, 2008 Empty
PostSubject: EWE LIVE #2: December 31st, 2008   EWE LIVE #2: December 31st, 2008 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2022 9:35 pm

eWe Live Recap - by Stacy Hitchcock
Actually written by: JAY
Date: December 31st, 2008
Turnout: 16 RolePlays

Hello folks acrossed the web, I went to the EWE House Show on New Year's Eve, so I thought I'd write about it, so all you fans like myself can know what happened since it wasn't aired.

The Event took place in the Arena at Harbor Yard in Bridgeport, The house looked pretty packed, looks as if they sold out another show. I missed the opening because I was getting a soda, but I rushed back as soon as I heard it starting, got back in time to catch the end of a AnniVersary Promo, so I assume that's all I missed cause after that D-Dawg came out to start the first match.

Mr. Man vs D-Dawg
Man & Dawg was the first match, it was pretty boring really. From what I read their match last week was pretty back and forth, that certainly wasn't the case this week though. D-Dawg must of gotten drunk for the holiday, because he didn't look good at all, Man however looked quite good, he carried this match and got his redemption from last week. The match ended with a Future Splash giving Man the victory.
Match Rating: 2/5, Though Man looked pretty decent, D-Dawg was horrible, it was pretty lop sided.

As Man was leaving the ringside area we seen Law on the titan tron, he entered Stephanie's office, then the feed cut. No idea what's going on there. No sooner then Dawg left, Cena began making his entrance to a pretty balanced ovation from the crowd. Then came Danny Danger.

Danny Danger vs John Cena
Another pretty lop sided match, Cena looked to be off his game, but Danger was certainly on his. Danny looked pretty impressive and beat Cena with ease.
Match Rating: 3/5, Cena was just not on it, but Danger made the match watchable.

There was another backstage segement on the titan tron, but I didn't pay much attention to it cause I was being hit on by some drunk.

Sean Justice vs Brent Acid
Sean & Brent came down, I think I heard of Brent from the last EWE run, his name sounds familar, but can't say I heard of Sean Justice before, he must be new. Either way it wasn't a bad match, though it started out slow, it was definately the closest match so far. It wasn't one sided like the matches that preceeded it. Too bad the ending noone liked, cause both men got counted out resulting in a Draw.
Match Rating: 3/5, It was a decent match, wasn't one sided at least, but they shoulda picked a winner, noone likes a Draw, that's why I can't give it a better rating.

After Sean & Brent left ringside the titan tron lit up again, back to Stephanie's office where Law came out and they shook hands. Stephanie said "I look forward to working with you" not really sure what that means, but my guess would be that Law got some kind of staff job.

Christy Chaos vs Jillian Webb
Then came the Divas, is it just me, am I the only one that misses the Diva's Division and thinks they should bring the Women's Title back? Either way it was good to see the Diva's doing their thing. Christy did her thing like usual, this new girl Jillian didn't look too bad herself. But of course experience came into play, Christy hit the star struck to finish it off..
Match Rating: 3/5, wasn't too bad, new girl needs more work, but not too bad for her first match, all in all a good Diva's Match that we don't get to see now that the division is dead.

After Christy & Jillian left the arena stayed dull a few moments with no segments, then finally Snake made his way out for the next match, he got a pretty good ovation, but nothing like the ovation Rikku got behind him, she is the champ though of course.

Snake vs Rikku Non Title
Shoulda been another great match, but Snake was really off his game, though the Champ looked like just that, a Champ. It winded up another one sided affair as Rikku showed us all exactly why she's the Champ finishing him off with the OverDrive.
Match Rating: 3/5, Coulda been great, but wound up another one sided landslide.

Up on the titan tron we seen a pretty beat up car pulling in, was kinda funny really, usually it's nice cars or limos, this one was a real beater. The license Plate read "BURGE" Which drew alot of intrest and confusin from the crowd.

Chris Steel vs Blue Panther & Dylan Styles
Secheduled to be a 6 man Tag...for unconvienent Circumstances, The Hardcore Bastards, and Team UKW's 3rd Man was unable to appear, turning this match into a One on Two Handicap Match. Steel did good with the disadvantage, but of course the numbers game cought up to him and it was Dylan Styles who finished the job.
Match Rating: 3/5, I know another 3, but it was a handicap, I was hoping to see the 6 Man Tag, expecially don't like not knowing who that 3rd member was, but still Steel did good for the handicap, boosting it to a 3.

After the match is when the real surprise came, Burge made his way out with a chair, which he cracked Steel with, that wasn't the surprise. Burge then Struck Panther and Styles, his own UKW alumni. Burge tossed the chair down leaving the fans in shock and awe. AfterWhich another AnniVersary Promo was played.

Johnny Chaos vs Chris Burgess
Obviously Burge was still in the ring after the promo, but the other 3 was gone. Then Johnny & Drama came down, expected to be booed, but considering what company this is and what Burge represents, they actually got alot more cheers. The match started off pretty slow, but it picked up, ended up with alot of back and forth action with alot of close falls. Johnny of course tries to cheat by using a chair when Drama had the ref distracted, but Burge was still able to kick out, in the end Drama distracted the ref again, but Burge capitalized and used the chair instead, getting the pinfall.
Match Rating: 4/5, Best match so far, had alot of near falls, and good action when you add in Drama's constant interference.

I'm not sure what happened after that, all that soda went right threw me so I was in the bathroom. I got back just in time to catch 18's Entrance though, which got a standing ovation. Lewis made his way down to another standing ovation.

Android #18 vs Sean Lewis
The two started off by shaking hands then circling around. They spent a few minutes feeling eachother out, which I thought they knew eachother enough, ah well. The Action did pick up pretty quick though, Lewis got the early advantage and tried to put it away early, but 18 was able to kick out and stay alive. After awhile Lewis made that one mistake, which allowed 18 to take the match completely over. She was about to put him away with the Annhilation, but Lewis countered by locking in the S-Works, 18 fought it and eventually got to the ropes. Not long after that she locked Lewis in the 18 Points of Pain, same scenario, he endured the pain awhile but eventually found the ropes. After more back and forth for a few minutes Lewis hit the Updraft out of nowhere, but 18 Barely managed to kick out. 18 came back and went for The Annhilation again, but Lewis once again countered for the S-Works, but she countered back out and went for The Annihilation again, but 3rd time wasn't the charm as Lewis countered again, but this nail nailed The Gloria to get the 3.
Match Rating: 5/5, Great Back and Forth Match, alot of Action, many near falls, just all around great all the way through.

The two once again shook hands before they signed a few autographs for the fans, I got Seans Smile, didn't get 18's though Sad...Anyways after that the show was pretty much over so we all left. Of course my night didn't end there, went out and got drunk to celebrate New Years Eve...but that's another Story for another Blog...til next time...tootles

Show Rating: 26/40

In Other EWE News

BEST OF EWE 2008

BEST MALE

1: Predator 33%
2: K~Dawg 25%
2: White Tiger 25%
4: Johnny Chaos 8%
4: Mr. Man 8%
6: Cameron Hayden 0%
6: Dan Taylor 0%
6: John Cena 0%