Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Memorial WebsiteMemorial Website  Web ArchivesWeb Archives  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EWE LIVE #3: January 7th, 2009

Go down 
AuthorMessage
JAY
Admin
JAY

EWE LIVE #3: January 7th, 2009 Empty
PostSubject: EWE LIVE #3: January 7th, 2009   EWE LIVE #3: January 7th, 2009 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2022 9:37 pm

eWe Live Recap - by Dave
Actually written by: Brad "Alex Stone" Hughes
Date: January 7th, 2009
Turnout: 8 RolePlays

Hey there, this is Dave, just got back from the EWE Live showing and thought I'd e-mail in with my take on events.

First off the show was pretty sold out, there were one or two seats dotted about that had no one there, but who want's to go to wrestling show and sit on their own? That's no fun!

There was a funny incident on the way in, where a drug dealer was trying to sell his stock to everyone who was queuing up. It worked great for me because when the police came to take him away, he dropped some dope right next to me so I had a great time on the way home, that was some quality shit he had!

Anyway onto the first match. We started out with a couple of jobbers who I didn't know, nor catch the name of when they were introduced. We had some fun chanting for two girls in the front row to show us their puppies, but the match itself didn't really entertain.

Then came the first proper match of the evening, with Danny Danger taking on Triple H. From the looks of this match, Danger might be getting a push in this newest era of the EWE, because he really took it to the game in this one. Triple H mounted a bit of offence mid way through the match but Danger countered a pedigree attempt with a back body drop and it was all Danger from there, who picked up the win around 8 minutes after catching Triple H with his finisher... I forget the name, I'm so high from that dope I robbed, haha.

The biggest pop of the night came next when Rikku came out for her match against Christy Choas. What could've been quite the contest was really a bit of eye candy, because this wasn't much of a match at all. Rikku showed why she's the heavyweight champion and Christy isn't coming out of the woman division anytime soon unless it's in tag team action. Christy as a face doesn't do it for me either, she showed Rikku too much respect in this one and Rikku took advantage of it, hitting the Hyper Drive after 6 minutes to pick up the win, but in truth she could've finished it much earlier. Christy should get back in Johnny, she was much more effective.

Well, that's half the card already done with and I haven't come close to having my money's worth just yet. Let's hope the second half of the show lives up to it's billing!

Mr. Man came out and found himself hearing a few boos, understandably, certainly getting the most heat of the night. Dylan came out and got a bit of a mixed reaction really, mostly because of the Burge fans turning against him. When he got in the ring though there was no doubt he as the fan favorite against The Gold Standard.

As disappointing as the last two matches were, this one made up for it big time! This was your classic, start off slow, feel each other out, pick up the pace a little and have a few near falls, then really begin to take the house down kind of match. There were three or four times where I really thought this match could be over, great work by both guys on creating that kind of drama. It wasn't until the 16th minute when Styles was really looking ready to wrap things up though. He had Manny set up in the corner and went to for a stinger splash, but Man grabbed a hold of the referee and threw him into the path of Styles. The ref went down, Styles was Dazed from banging his head, giving Man the opportunity to give Styles a low blow and then the Future Shock. Another ref made the count, and Mr. Man is your winner!

Both guys got a standing ovation after that one! I could've done without the finish, would've been good to see it go down clean, but Man is a bad guy after all and what do they do? They cheat a lot!

Now if that match was good, this next match was ever better! White Tiger and K-Dawg against Sean Lewis and Chris Burgess. Each guy made their separate entrance which killed about ten minutes... I hate entrances, just get them done with quickly so they can spend more time wrestling!

There was a quick show of respect at the start of the match which got a round of applause, it's good to see now and then. A great tag match full of false finishes with the illegal man jumping in to break up the pin. Burge and Lewis were the heel team if you want to call them that, sometimes doing things behind the refs back. White Tiger wasn't best pleased with it and remembered he had a bit of experience as a heel as well and Choked burge with the rope while K-Dawg distracted him. This got a big cheer from the crowd and Tiger looked like he enjoyed it after letting him go.

The ref nearly lost control after 15 minutes when K-Dawg got thrown to the outside. All four guys ended up brawling outside and started up a countout, but K-Dawg and Lewis both rolled back in at 9 to keep the match going. After 25, yes 25 minutes of action, the ref finally did lose control with all four battling it out in the ring. Lewis and Tiger ended up flying over the top ropes after Tiger hit a hard running clothesline, and K-Dawg had the match won when he set Burge up for Hook'd, but Burge managed a quick thumb to the eye and scored a roll up for the win. GREAT MATCH!

Another big round of applause and a show of respect at the end, even though K-Dawg pushed Burge away at first for the thumb in the eye.

Burge got on the microphone and told a few jokes to end the night, so after that we left and started smoking my free dope... mmm, always better when it's free!

Quick Results:
Danny Danger Bt. Triple H
Rikku Bt. Christy Chaos
Mr. Man Bt. Dylan Styles
Sean Lewis and Chris Burgess Bt. White Tiger and K-Dawg

This was Dave,
And that was EWE Live Report!
Back to top Go down
http://ewe-memorial.epizy.com/

EWE LIVE #3: January 7th, 2009
Page 1 of 1